Round Lake

Round Lake

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Fighting Stress with Scripture~~~Ps 121:1,2,7. Our True Source

I will lift up my eyes to the hills--from whence my comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. The Lord shall preserve you from all evil; he shall preserve your soul.  Ps 121:1,2

Even as a young child this scripture has walked me thru many difficult times. Living in an area surrounded by mountains just a half an hour away I always felt like I could find God in this artwork of his. As we would go for long drives thru the mountainous back roads the closer we got the more I felt in God's presence. 

Blessed or not by living so near the mountains we don't need them to be able to do as this scripture says. We can lift our eyes to anything that reminds us of God to remember where our help comes from. 

Our help comes the Lord the one who made the heaven and earth. Isn't that the most awesome news in the world. What the mountains are made of is not where we get our help. It's who made the mountain that is our true source to be praised and utilized. Now that is so totally wonderful and breathtaking . 

The creator himself of the earth cares that much for us. If he cares that much then we should too. We should care enough to stop and turn to our true source of help, God himself. To take the time to acknowledge where our true source of help comes from. 

As much as we try we won't find it in alcohol, drugs, sex, money, food, or any place else. It is found in God and God alone. To God be the glory. To God be the praise. 

I love you Jesus. Thanks for loving me enough to help. 

Karen
Copyright 2014 Pencil Marks and recipe publishing 


No comments:

Post a Comment